FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old May 10, 2018, 9:05 am
hightide

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Are you taking the stopover in the Bay Area or HKG?

I've booked BKK-HKG(stop)-SFO//OAK-SEA in the past (there were no SFO flight to SEA in the middle of the day on Sunday, so it was a 6 hour wait or 3 hours out of OAK).

I've also recently booked the following AS itineraries on the web:

DAL-SEA(stop)-PVR (AS refundable Y, upgraded to F on the DAL-SEA segment)
MEX-DFW-SEA(stop)-LAX-PHX (AA/AS F)

Both are one way awards. Seems like some backtracking to me. YMMV. Call and see?
The stopover is at SFO. However, I'm open to either LAX-PDX-SFO (stopover) -HKG or SFO-PDX-LAX (stopover) - HKG
Thanks for the info. I'm aware the website spits out some interesting backtracking routings. CX flights make me nervous as we need to call and it seems like the reps decide whether or not it is a valid routing.

Also, I notice that AS is imposing married segment availability on their own metal for numerous domestic routings. For example, on 26 Mar 2019 (and many other dates), there is no first class saver availability in F for LAX/SNA/BUR - PDX.
However, there is a saver F availability for: LAX-SJC on AA 6031 connecting to SJC-PDX on AS 309.
When I searched for space on SJC-PDX, AS is charging 60K miles to fly on AS 309!