FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Ticket 24 Hour Free Cancellation Policy & Hold as of Apr 2017
Old May 10, 2018, 8:13 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
I had called AA to cancel 3 tickets less than 24 hours after purchase and the agent said a refund request was sent for all of them

When I check the status at prefunds.aa.com, I am taken to the page asking me to enter contact info and then submit a refund request.

Should I resubmit the requests online just in case?

I am a bit anxious as when I had called the help desk a second time for another reason and asked for the refunds just in case, the agent said the 1st agent had send 2 out of 3 requests and the 3rd one was stuck and I could do it myself (!)

So just debating if even after the agent has submitted a request, whether I should go to prefunds.aa.com and submit a refund request .....
After being burned a couple of times this year already, I no longer trust the message about my refund being "processed automatically." Even when an agent claims to have done it, it's far from a guarantee. It's best to keep an eye on your credit card account to ensure the refund is properly processed, and there's certainly no harm in submitting the online form to give AA additional chances to get it right (it's just disappointing that this may be necessary).

This is really the only reason I ever consider using OTAs -- I've never had an issue getting a prompt 24 hour refund from, say, Expedia, but AA has been a different story, especially recently.