FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will JPM Chase create an Ink Reserve Card to compete with Amex Business Platinum?
Old May 10, 2018, 2:54 am
baroqen

Originally Posted by drminn
Chase lost a boatload of money on the Reserve card, I doubt that management will spring for another $300M loss to "compete" with Amex.
Except the currently have the Ink Preferred at an 80k bonus, 100k with a BRM, and targetted 120k. I've also read conflicting reports about Chase "losing a boatload on money on the Reserve", including a Harvard Business School case study that says that everything indicates that it was a raging success based on the publically available information that they were able to gather. The study was pretty convincing that they were actually highly successful so I'm not convinced about all the gloom and doom. The fact that the Ink Preferred came out with and has also continued to maintain those high signup bonuses lends credibility to the fact that the CSR was in fact, succesful. They would have also learned things from the CSR launch and will tweak any new card launches as appropriate. For instance, they changed the travel credit to calendar year vs anniversary which eliminated double dipping on the credit.

Besides, we're all free to dream. I'm also dreaming of a nice, delectably generous new card.