FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2018, 6:37 pm
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Price seem to double in the opposite direction. Looks like Y from ICN to SCL up to six segments then J on just about every routing I tried back to TYO. Interesting that you can fly through cities more than once. I start at ICN on segment 1 and fly back to ICN on segment 6 enroute to HKG (segment 7) which was where segment 2 started. 😁

James.
Same here. Could do HKG-ICN-TYO instead of HKG-TYO, for $140, just not worth it. It's like 200 extra miles. (I start in ICN, so it's technically a full RTW with the added Japan segment).

There must be something in the rules that govern fare construction that make this possible but shouldn't. I'm not as good as interpreting these things as some (I'm lazy), but just from experience, THIS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.

It leads me to believe that the fare will go away eventually.

Then again, someone up-thread mentioned how dysfunctional LA is. And honestly, this isn't exactly a $200 mistake. We're still paying $2K+ for tix with J segments. Not normal, but not an obvious mistake either.