FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old May 9, 2018, 2:40 pm
Definitas

Corporate-Wage-Slave, Thanks for the reply and for the advice. I’m not sure if it was the Beast. However all other flights LHR-ORD (AA, UA, and 2 of 3 BA ) operated normally. BA only cancelled 2 long haul that day, one to JFK and one to ORD which makes me think that they can’t claim it was “exceptional “ weather. However, the thrust of my case is that seats were available on BA metal the day which our flight was cancelled but BA didn’t make any attempt to contact us to tell us our flight was cancelled or to book us on the the alternate same day flight. If they had done there would not have been a delay (we would have got in early!). Our 24 hour delay was entirely down to BA. Incidentally, when I contacted BA they phoned me and told me that, although the flight was not showing aas cancelled on the BA App, it is very flakey and not to rely on it for notifications (although that was not a factor here). Previous 261 cases have disallowed ground equipment excuses and LHR operated almost a full long haul service on the day in question. I’m tempted to save any further grief with BA and forfeit 25% to A well Known claims management service