FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Drink changes, No tomato juice&SpriteZero-social media pressure restores tomato juice
Old May 9, 2018, 12:30 pm
findark
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by fezzington
You're right, that's the new procedure in theory.

However, in reality, catering has not put any ground liquor onboard. It used to be housed in along with the mini champagne and beer. The liquor and beer have disappeared from this atlas carrier and have been replaced by more mini champagne bottles to accommodate the new procedure. The liquor and beer stock is now only found in the half sized drink carts that are going out into the aisle, which are not supposed to be opened until in flight. Some FAs may be willing to open those carts on the ground to alleviate the issue, but others are definitely not -- I believe liability for failure to follow the correct procedure falls on the individual. I've put in a question about it to the tower, but I haven't heard back yet.
Thank you for the detailed feedback! Sounds like a muck-up somewhere between the executive decision making and the actual loading of carts.