FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada 787-8/-9 Dreamliner Discussion Thread
Old May 9, 2018, 8:26 am
TheOnlyWayTo Fly

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I guess it's better than putting the 4 extra pax into the closets.
Would you not give the Beancounters any ideas please...

Slightly off topic whilst I have your attention. Just flew back on the 787T ( T for Toothpaste as opposed to 787R - for Racoon) from EWR -YVR last night in Y. Didn't want to pay the exorbitant difference between Y ($159 each way) and PE ($885 each way - I kid you not.) so booked early and spent $62 on preferred row 18 due to not wanting to sit in Ryanair Class. I didn't have high hopes for bulkhead legroom after flying the 777S (S for Slaveship) YVR-LHR in a bulkhead PE seat and found it very tight but, to my surprise found the preferred seat on the 787T has tons of legroom and even more than PE did. Best $62 I ever spent! Incidentally, I was pleased to see that the cabin service in PE seemed to be the same as international PE from hot towels through to snacks at the end of a 5.5 hour flight

And if you are still with me... the 548/549 is a painless way to get to and from New York ( tho' EWR ain't the prettiest child in the class). The new shiny, tiny MLL at EWR is just that with minimum food selection and packed due to the multiple departures to YYZ, YUL, and YVR at the end of the afternoon. All in all a very good experience.