FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old May 8, 2018, 12:22 pm
lds89

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
5/7/2018
SFO-CLT, LUS A321
Row 1C
Departure 1:10PM, Lunch

Got upgraded at the gate, only two of us cleared the gate lottery. Some hubbub at the gate when the #2 on the list was cleared; only to go up and demand she was linked to a companion that was appearing far below. Not sure exactly the snafu but the GA very loudly commented something about how this EXP didn't know what she was talking about and in 25 years she'd never seen a linked reservation work at the airport for folks not on the same PNR. It was amusing. Ms. #2 didn't want to be upgraded without her companion so the lady had to un-upgrade her, get her her seat back (which she'd just given to a really nice older lady; and instead upgraded #3 on the list. The whole thing took like 10 minutes when we were supposed to be boarding so it basically delayed an already delayed flight (incoming AC was about 20 min late). On board, 1D was a non-functioning seat - the cushion had been ripped and was all taped up - and Ms. #2 commented something to the order of that must be the reason her companion didn't get the upgrade. This LUS bird was definitely showing it's age.

Started off with Full PDBs, but afterwards service kind of disappointed. FA went through all the motions but without proactively refilling drinks - had to be prompted. Spent several hours sitting in the galley reading her phone and would only come out when the service light went on. All in all, one of the poorer services I've had in domestic F this year. Was especially contrasted with the fantastic service on 1 hour CLT-MCO where the FA gave PDB refills, came around with the basket at least three times, and managed 4 refills of my sparkling water in air for a one hour flight.

Lunch was a choice of a cheese enchilada or a saffron orzo salad with shrimp. I went with the enchilada and it had a suprising kick. The corn and tomato salad was actually pretty spicy too - and I like spicy food! I noticed a lot of people didn't touch it as a result. It had red chiles and jalapenos in it, but raw (some with seeds). Dessert was a choice between the ice cream sundae or cheese plate. The FA on this sector actually put all the ingredients on the cart and rolled down making the sundaes at each seat with desired toppings, which I hadn't seen on a domestic nonprem transcon in a long time. All in all, not a bad meal - lots and lots of food which is more than our UA brethren can claim. FA also came around with two passes of the snack basket about 1.5 hours before arrival. I was stuffed and refused.

Cheese Enchilada, side salad, roasted corn and tomato salad, pretzel rolls, leftover mixed nuts

Ice cream sundae with chocolate, strawberries, and nuts