FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old May 8, 2018, 6:59 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Vince Chan
Excuse me for asking again. But my hotel in Thailand responded to me that they can only credit consecutive meetings in the same hotel for 1 event only, so I might have to stating checking for the hotels in North America. But honestly it's a little tire for keeping looking for the right options and dealing with the staff about those.

I remember in previously pages, people mentioned that you don't actually have to be there in the event? Is this okay for qualifyiing Rewarding event? But how should I paid the fee after the meetings?

anyone recommending any Marriott in north America that is cool with that(no show in the event) and would credit the eligible nights correctly? thanks a lot. Most Marriott in Asia charges too expensive for meeting room rental,
It gets to be a laugh reading about the "local rules" that surface. What you are being told is not part of the program but could be a property prerogative. Finding another property may be the wisest solution, but you should be able to book the meeting, wait for it to post and then book another. Yes, will take longer, but you have till the end of the year to get the status you're looking at.