FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont’s Sirru Fen Fushi opens in the Maldives
Old May 8, 2018, 1:00 am
Jeffuy

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Wow. Sounds like they took bookings based on a planned opening date, fell behind schedule and rushed the opening before they were ready. Not good.

As for the luggage... you were 87 Kg over the 25 Kg per person limit? I thought I travelled heavy, but my back hurts just thinking about carting that much luggage around.
Yeah we've been travelling for the past few weeks and bought a ton of souvenirs and snacks to take home on top of our clothing for 3 weeks. Yes, the hotel just doesn't seem ready to take on guests. We just toured the rest of the facilities and there's a lot of construction still going on. After speaking with the resort manager, he said they had their soft opening Feb 1st which means it's been more than 3 months and a large portion of their resort is still not ready.

Additional update:

So, the Resort Manager Michiel Lugt spoke to us this morning and explained that the hotel was previously a non-fairmont hotel that opened in February. They recently just got the Fairmont name and are in the process of updating systems, processes, facilities to be Fairmont standard. He had kindly did the right thing to take care of my close to $500 overweight luggage charge on the flight to the island, and promise to accept the gift cards. He re-itterarted that FPC benefits and certificates will be honoured at the property. I will be going shortly to the Willow Stream spa to redeem my certificates. However, the fight with the property's management is not acceptable, we came here to relax and enjoy the Maldivian waters and beaches while enjoying the last of our FPC status and benefits but ended up spending hours just trying to use them.