FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to and Questions Concerning Connecting thru HNL & other Hawai`i airports
Old May 7, 2018, 1:45 am
747FC

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
Apologies, I could not see any more detail than this on how long to allow for transfer.
"(3) A Note About Connecting from an International Flight to an Interisland Flight on Hawaiian Airlines

Once clearing customs, passengers may recheck their bags in the bag re-check area."

Arriving into HNL from AKL on AirNZ and want to head onto JHM on Hawaiian Airlines. Giving the lack of JHM flights I was hoping for a 2 hour connection which I seem to manage at other mainland airports (although our bags are usually through checked). It seems the consensus is 3 hours? In which case perhaps I should fly via OGG so at least if I miss it there are more options. Given it is not a single PNR then it would be problematic to miss the flight.

Thanks
The JHM and OGG flights are both HA, so if they are going to help you out on a missed flight, I would expect them to get you to OGG if there are no more JHM flights for the day.

A two hour connection is easier International --> HA, as HA's terminal is quite close to the International terminal. However, there are sometimes pesky immigration lines, assuming you do not have Global Entry.