FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA award booking,change questions/fees/issues/routing/excursionist problems {Archive}
Old May 6, 2018, 7:38 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by threeoh
1a. If you miss your connection in BKK, I don't think you should worry. I have done this before (missed a connection on a UA partner award flight; missed connection; re-accommodated on a later flight; no change to or problems with my return flight a week later) and I can't imagine this would be a problem (though stranger things have happened).

1b. If you miss the initial flight in HKG, and TG accommodates you under a flat tire rule situation, you should be fine. If they tell you that you are SOL and you have to buy another ticket, then I would definitely call CA or UA or anyone who will listen and try to get them to preserve the PEK flight for you.

2. I think the answer is "yes, but you have to pay the change fee (depends on status) and there has to be availability right now in all unflown segments". I think the number of required miles for a multi-city vs two one-ways is the same here.
Gotcha. I appreciate the advice. Unfortunately, award availability for the HKG-BKK-DAC is currently zero, so I'll just have to take my chances.

I suppose I could book PEK-ULN separately with Asia Miles, though I'm unsure if it would get auto-cancelled by CA due to the fact that I'd be double booked on the flight.