FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2018, 6:31 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged
I am also quite intrigued. so 2k CAD ai? That will be around 1.5k USD ai that I quoted a while back. You chose an I base fare on the way back right? Also technically it is possible to book on SABRE, but where can you book it in real life? Do not forget AY which credits rapidly and correctly for AS, my top choice for stopovers. SQ only a few fare buckets can credit so beware.
I am well aware of fare classes and how they credit to AS 😁 SQ books into D, no COS plus 100% bonus so I would choose EK A380; BA (NOT IB Codeshare) books into R, 50% COS plus 100% bonus, rather take EK from LHR if routing that way. AY no bonus for I fare so not viable for maximizing RDM on AS. I am sticking with EK, KE & CX from from MAD. Higher YQ on EK brining the price up but a "fair" fare tradeoff for a better flying experience.

As stated earlier this starts as a Y fare from ICN to SCL. I am able to switch in HKG from KE to QF to maximize EQM as the fare classes on QF and LA earn 100%. In the right combination all flights from SCL get bumped into the lowest J class except JL will be a stand out booking into full Y.

James