FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA unaccompanied minor (UCM) policy - nonstop only, age (now 14 & lower), same cabin
Old May 6, 2018, 11:22 am
NYTA

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
How to give UA Constructive Criticism

I just booked a trip for my kids to fly TLV-SFO-TLV over the summer. I needed to pay the unaccompanied minor fee only for TLV-SFO as I'm flying back with them. I have not, however, booked my return ticket as I have a lot of travel coming up and have no idea when I'll be flying the TLV-SFO portion.

We did this same thing last year and it was rather easy. Apparently, they have changed their computer system at UA (according to the agents I spoke with) to make it harder to pay this only one direction. Overall took me three calls to UA and about 1 hr 20 minutes total on the phone just to book the tickets and the one way fee.

I'm guessing nobody at UA figured out when they changed the system that they would be making this much harder. What is the best way to tell them that they need to fix this? I do this at least once a year with my kids, but even for UA's sake - 1 hr 20 minutes of a passenger on the phone with agents making a booking is horrible efficiency for them.

Any suggestions on how to bring this up with UA so they'll actually fix it? Am I being delusional to think that they'll even care?