FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "THANKS Concierge!" thread
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2018, 8:48 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Can't believe I have never posted in this thread as I have had some great concierge experiences in the last couple of years.

The YYC team really is great. Last year, Alana helped me organize a special birthday surprise for a certain nomadic Toronto-based person. She also helped sort out a messy situation with a booking of my wife's and an eUp.

Chris dropped something in the mail for me after I had forgotten to put it in the mailbox before going through security and has flawlessly executed some standby requests and so on.

Anthony proactively helped us get off a repeatedly-delayed YYC-YYZ a few months back, before our original flight was cancelled.

Anna helped my wife get back her phone after forgetting it on a FRA-YYC flight last year (it made a little side trip to LHR and back).

All very nice people as well. And there are other good people in YYC too, those are just a few of the things that stuck out in my mind.

The LGA concierge team is also great. They have proactively called me when my original flight has been delayed or cancelled and offered me the chance to rush over for an earlier flight, taken care of some issues with PreCheck not showing up on BPs, helped us cut through a massive security line, etc... I feel bad for never having remembered any of their names, but they have always been very good when I've been flying through there.