FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 5, 2018, 7:13 pm
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HHQX888
@ lexdevil : you still don't understand, your ' specific scenario ' not exist.
In the past (not far) we don't need any booking to make BRG claim, they change it and now you need any booking number (correct dates) at hotel at which you want make BRG claim - to have booking number you must :
- make nonrefundable booking and if claim is rejected you can have problems with canceling this booking (it is possible to canclel it, but not always)
- make refundable booking for example for President suite at hotel, if claim is approved your Presidental Suite will be transformed to this kind room which you compare in claim and will be refundable.

Why you want think so complicated with ' specific scenario ', if BRG team simply give you answer 'Rejected - I don't see this hotel on OTA page ))'
I think I understand the BRG, but I am pretty confused by what you are saying. Of course my scenario exists. Everyone else here seems to believe that it exists. They did not reject my claim because they could not find the rate I claimed on the OTA page; they rejected it because the rate on the OTA page was higher than the pre-paid SPG member rate. So...if I want a rate lower than $275 per night I have to book the non-refundable $225 rate on the SPG website. I don't, however, want to do that because my plans may change.