FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 5, 2018, 4:53 pm
brokenwindow

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
  • Starwood may at any time and without notice terminate or restrict a person’s ability to submit a claim under or otherwise benefit from the Best Rate Guarantee, if in its sole discretion Starwood determines that such person has: (1) acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or ordinances; (2) acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, (3) submitted multiple invalid Best Rate Guarantee claims; (4) failed to stay at the applicable Starwood Hotels or SPG Partner Hotels after receiving approved Best Rate Guarantee Claims; or (5) breached any of these BRG Terms.

I went a bit berserk and have been filing a bunch of claims as I wasn't sure which ones would be approved and still was unsure of exact plans while travelling. I then noticed maybe I went a bit overboard, and saw this in the terms.

4) Any experiences of how this is applied? Anyone gotten punished for cancelling an approved bRG?