FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old May 5, 2018, 1:03 pm
M.dA.R.
Suspended

Originally Posted by lexdevil
Like I said, I get it. #4 is correct (see #2). It would only be incorrect if there were another rate lower than the SPG pre-paid rate. I am merely pointing out that if the lowest SPG rate is non-refundable, and if there is nothing on other sites lower than that, the BRG cannot be used, and those who need a flexible rate will not be able to use SPG's lowest rate.
You are correct that in such scenario LNF allows you to book a cancellable rate and file a successful claim, whereas you would be out of luck with SPG’s BRG. That is, undoubtedly, on of the least attractive aspects of this guarantee.

However, in the case the competing rate is lower than SPG’s nonrefundable rate but higher than its refundable rate, SPG allows you to book the cancellable rate and file a BRG claim, whereas with LNF you would have to book a nonrefundable rate with all the risks that come with that (I know there is a 24-hour window period but I’m not familiar to how useful that period is).