FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Dress Shirts - Mizzen & Main Alternatives
Old May 5, 2018, 8:48 am
txirish

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
>>Bluffworks Meridian Dress shirts
Those look like a good option. I wish they had something other than the rather bold check patterns - e.g., solids, or a fine check that wasn't as obvious. Their blazer looks pretty nice as well - when I decide to replace my Travelsmith blazer (many-pocketed as well, but rather heavy and non-stretchy) that might be an option. The key requirement for a travel blazer, IMO, is the ability to be stuffed in overhead compartments and to be treated poorly in general but not look like it. The fine weave on the TS blazer also makes simple cleanup easy - minor soiling incurred on the road generally cleans up with a damp towel.

I've rethought my "use case" for the Wool & Prince shirts. Because of their dry cleaning requirement, I don't think they are the best choice for long-haul flying. A dozen or two hours of jogging through hot airports, sitting in cramped seats, or even enjoying a lay-flat snooze in the front cabin might be too much to expect. But, I'm packing one as a go-to shirt for meetings, etc., where I can wear it for part of a day and then hang it up in the hotel to, as they say, "let the wool do its work."