FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General RPU earning & usage questions [Consolidated 2016 onward]
Old May 4, 2018, 5:40 pm
mpiotrow

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
I know that moving an RPU withing 24 hours with an SDC isn't technically allowed, but I do know that it's been done before...is there any secret that I can tell an agent in order to help me with that? I just called to inquire about it, and she said that within 24 hours all upgrades are processed by the airport, not by the airline, so they have no control, but that she might be possible to put in a request for the upgrade, but that it might not even get "read" by the system.

[EDIT]The agent I just spoke to was VERY helpful and able to not only unmarry an XXX-ZZZ itinerary to be XXX-YYY-ZZZ so that I could SDC the XXX-YYY section, but was also able to get in touch with the correct "lead" (her words, not mine) in order to make sure that my RPU request was moved over also. She did say that she learned that it is NOT possible to request an RPU to be moved within 24 hours if the person is already checked in. So, what they did was uncheck me in, put me on the waitlist, then check me in, which then automatically moved me from the waitlist to the "upgrade list" when looking at the flight status page. ^ It's always great to find accommodating helpl![/EDIT]

Last edited by mpiotrow; May 4, 2018 at 6:01 pm