FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA iSolve F/A Onboard Miles Compensation as of Feb 2018 (restricted 8 Jun 2020)
Old May 4, 2018, 5:30 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

So I was reading through this thread... I think this initiative is a net positive and empowers front line employees to make things right on the spot. However, there is some serious issues with level of compensation - a broken seat shouldn’t be compensated less than broken IFE. I have a suggestion for AA if they do read this - at least we know Doug Parker to a certain extent reads VFTW
Instill some kind of “standardized” compensation for variety of issues. Lets say there is a broken IFE, the FA should be able to pull up the tablet and select the broken IFE. Within the broken IFE selection there should a compensation level - AA already has infrastructure in place that identifies what customers are in what seats as evidenced by the tablet’s capability of identifying customers of different elite level.

General Member upgraded - 2,000
Gold member/OW Ruby upgraded - 3,000
Platinum member/OW Sapphire upgraded - 4,000
Platinum Pro member upgraded - 5,000
Executive Platinum member/OW Emerald upgraded - 7,000
General Member revenue - 5,000
Gold Member/OW Ruby revenue - 7,000
Platinum Member/OW Sapphire revenue - 8,000
Platinum Pro member revenue - 10,000
Executive Platinum/OW Emerald revenue - 15,000

This is just a wild idea but something hardwired in the system where the FA can click on type of issue and the type of customer that will provide equitable compensation for nature of the issue. This will help ensure the comp is in line based on type of issue while recognizing the value of a certain business and help AA to ensure customer expectations don’t become lopsided (i.e. I get 10K for broken IFE but only 2K for a business class seat that won’t go lie flat).