FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question about transiting through BLR without a visa
Old May 4, 2018, 6:29 am
YVR_Traveller

Originally Posted by Keyser
you will not be able to access the hotel on the domestic side without a visa....

are you on one ticket or separate tickets????if its the former then your luggage will be checked all the way through to your final destination....if its the later then your biggest problem will be trying to convince the bkk authorities to let you board a flight to india without a visa....
Thanks for the reply Keyser. It's booked on one ticket and its connecting to the Maldives (MLE) which is not part of India? Maldives does not have any visa requirement to my knowledge. I also read that India is part of the visa-free transit program, which allows travellers to transit through India if they can prove it's only a connecting flight with a <24 layover (which is my situation). That being said, I think my biggest issue is that my layover is 15 hours long and I'll really suffer if I don't get proper sleep at the transit hotel.