FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The WAMOS Experience
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2018, 2:21 am
Tirreg

The WAMOS Experience

I have read many things about AV flights operated by WAMOS and was expecting the worse. Therefore I would like to give you an insight about my flight experience. Last week I had two flights with AV in J: JFK-BOG operated by AV B787 and BOG-JFK operated by Wamos A330.

JFK-BOG (Avianca 787)
The dreamliner is a modern and quiet aircraft and was brand new. Business Class seats are the same QR uses on the 787 and with the black seat covers very elegant. A nice Tumi amenity kit was handed out and a pre-departure drink was offered (OJ or water as it was a morning flight).After take-off a breakfast was offered with several hot choices. Everything was on one tray. Food was good but nothing special. Crew offered drinks and than disappeared for the next hours. One hour before landing a hot sandwich was offered. No choices. A bottle of water was at the seat as well as a nice blanket and a big pillow. IFE offered a good variety of films (English, Spanish, Portuguese) but of course not such a good selection Emirates offers.

Seat

Sandwich before arrival

Breakfast

BOG-JFK (WAMOS A330)
The A330 is not the most modern aircraft and it shows. But everything was well maintained, nothing dirty, no duct tape (I remember some US Airways flights were the whole cabin seemed to be maintained with duct tape). The seat is an angled flat seat with a 2-2-2 layout (3 rows) and the typical seat most airlines used in J ten years ago. But it was comfortable and in row 1 you have huge space. The AV amenity kit (TUMI) was handed out as well as a menu card. The same blanket an pillow as on the AV operated flight was at the seat. In J there were three flight attendants - two from WAMOS and one from Avianca. The FA from WAMOS were very attentive and walked to the cabin quite often taking away empty glasses or offering drinks. Lunch was served after take-off and it was also good (the same food and china as on an AV operated flight).For IFE you have to download the WAMOS IFE app on you tablett or you will get an ipad from the crew. About 10 films were offered (languages English, Spanish, Portuguese and German). A bottle of water was given to everyone during the flight. Before arrival a warm sandwich was offered (I wasn´t hungry but it must have been the same as on the JFK-BOG flight).

WAMOS seat

Lots of space in row 1

Lunch

Tiramisu

Conclusion: There is nothing wrong with WAMOS. The inflight experience (food, amenity kit, blankets,...) is not different to AV flights. The seat is comfortable (go for the first row) and not worse than the old AV seat (A330). IFE is not great so be prepared and bring your own device. Crew is very attentive (better than AV).