FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M&M going revenue based [for award miles on LH group tickets] 12MAR2018
Old May 3, 2018, 4:06 pm
Dschaimz

Programs: QR Platinum OWE, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Still confused of how award and status miles will be credited, because in the old system (and still for status miles) every segment of a ticket is credited separately. How does this work for a let's say 4-segment ticket (e.g. DUS-MUC-LAX / LAX-FRA-DUS), because there is only one value calculated based on the prize of the complete ticket x 6 (or whatever other factor for other airlines/non-status members etc). I guess the M&M account will then show one line each for each segment for the status miles + exec. bonus and then only one line for the total award miles for the complete ticket? When are the award miles then credited? Only ofter the last segment has been flown? Or are the award miles credited pro rata for each segment?
Most importantly, what will happen if I skip the last segment (which I frequently do for various reasons)? Here, in the old system I just loose the status+award miles for the segment that I did not fly.

Could anybody actually post a screenshot from a multi-segment ticket and its mileage credit from her/his account based on the new system?
In the new system you still receive the award miles per sector, each in a separate line.