FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2018, 3:35 pm
flyme2

Originally Posted by :D!
I'm sure you posted with good intentions, but apart from this first statement, the rest of the post is inaccurate or just incorrect...
Your prices are out of date by several years...
Apologies if the information I provided is not accurate. I sourced them from my notes taken in March when I used the Southern Off-Peak TravelCard purchased at the manned ticket counter at Gatwick Rail Station for £17.10. I used said TravelCards on two separate occasions, one a weekend, the other a weekday. My Canadian issued contactless bank card did not work when I initially attempted its use. Perhaps, I have become somewhat feebleminded as I've aged, but I found the different trains lines and myriad fare options to be quite confusing. That being said,I'm seeing the "Anytime Single Online Fare" for the Gatwick Express showing up as £17.80 and £32.70 "Anytime Return Online Fare". Are these not accurate, or are there different fares, other than those purchased "Online?" These are the prices currently displayed on the Gatwick Express website. https://www.gatwickexpress.com/tickets/buy-tickets
Many thanks for providing details on the off-peak hours.