FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Agent inadvertently cancelled my booking.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:10 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MrPeaceful
Rather than airport downgrades etc, at its basic level isn't this a case of BA changing the flights and not informing the flyer that they had done so?
Yes, though this was not the intent of anyone, neither the airline nor their agent nor the passenger. I think we've seen this before on a small number of occasions: an agent is asked to check out a "what if" suggestion from the passenger, they check it out using the existing reservation as a template, maybe the agent says "I can't price this, someone from fares will need to call you back" and the next thing that transpires is that the reservation is either not ticketed or gets cancelled. I doubt it would have been valid for travel on the proposed date either. It's a combination of elderly internal IT and lack of care/attention by the agent(s) concerned. Now the OP here did spot this before going to the airport, and had there been 1 seat available then this problem would have been resolved with just a few apologies for the hassle. So my interpretation is that BA cancelled the ticket in error, due to the agent's/agents' mistake.

But let me welcome you to Flyertalk and welcome you to the BA forum. MrPeaceful, it's always good to get new people join up with us here. I hope we will see more of you here.