FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 777-200 Polaris/PremPlus seats
Old May 3, 2018, 11:43 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fl1ger
Moin!

After managing to avoid United 777-300 for a year after a miserable flight from Hongkong to San Francisco in the 3-4-3 economy it looks like United changed my flight on Saturday (FRA-IAD) to the only available Polaris reconfigured 777-200. Now I couldn't find a page with where to sit in this plane, as it is brand new, but I was hoping that some fellow Flyertalkers already had experienced that plane and can get seating advice. I'm currently in 27J (aisle in the right 3 seater section) hoping I can stretch the legs into business class like on the 787. As my final destination is Denver I'll also look into SDC options, but as I'm K class that might not happen. Anyway has anybody already experienced that bird and would mind share his experiences.

TIA and so long
-Ralf
I think that you have the best seat in E+ in that plane (the other one obviously is 27C). You'll have plenty of space in front of you for your legs as it's an aisle in the bulkhead.

That being said, I wish that my ORD-MUC in two weeks would get switched to this plane from the three class 772. Not only I have not been able to get my favorite bulkhead seat but it only has 40 Polaris Business seats (still waitlisted for the miles + copay). Your plane has 50 Polaris Business seats. Maybe they would offer a good TOD as there are still plenty of seats unsold.

The other thing is that you need to keep checking the seat map as they may switch back to your original plane and you don't want to suddenly find yourself in a middle seat. UA is not good as keeping you in an aisle seat when they switch planes back and forth.

PS: I felt the need to google "moin!". Hello to you too!