FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way of getting SAA Voyager Miles Airlink redemption JNB-TNR
Old May 3, 2018, 9:19 am
roadwarrier

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by ozymandias24
No never booked it using Voyager miles. In fact, I had a serious setback on this front recently: this January I converted 20,000 Hilton Honors Points into 3,000 SAA Voyager Miles, to top up my account in order to make the TNR to JNB redemption flight. Long story short: SAA Voyager "took" my Hilton miles, then had no record of my redemption and refused to give me my 3,000 Voyager miles. 3 months later, and a lot of angry emails / calls / Tweets, Hilton finally refunded my 20,000 Hilton Honors Points. SAA Voyager has TERRIBLE customer service. Most of the people I spoke to tried to claim you couldn't even redeem Honors Points for Voyager Miles. Hopeless!
Several years ago SAA diddled me out of two Business Class tickets to Asia and also denied any wrong doing. Changed my FF to another airline and killed as many Voyager miles as I could, and even on the last redemption I did with them, it took loads of legwork to get the correct ticket issued.