Old May 3, 18, 9:06 am
Dean1953

Is China Eastern's customer service really this bad?

i flew MU
I flew MU on April 23 from LAX-Shanghai-Kunming (overnight)-CNX. I checked 2 bags and only one showed up in Kunming. I filed a missing bag report and also reported it in CNX. I was assured that MU would contact me by phone or email when the bag was found. No one ever contacted me so I contacted CNX again and contacted MU at LAX. They said that the were strictly sales agents(even though the phone's directory listed them as customer service). I sent 3 emails to 3 different MU branches and got a reply today;
" Dear Passenger,

Upon our investigation on your missing baggage, it did not pass the baggage transfer security check at KMG airport. Please contact the baggage department in KMG airport at 0086-871-67081286 with case number DAH KMGMUxxxxx for option to retrieve your baggage.BEST REGARDS
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES"
i call the number and spend 10 minutes es talking to lost baggage, giving them asked for information. He won't send my bag to CNX but tells me to call lost baggage at CNX and have them request that the bag be sent to CNX. Fortunately, I've been doing this since yesterday. What are the odds of ever seeing my bag again (preferably before May 8, when I leave for Bangkok and then the U.S. What are the odds of ever seeing my 2.DeWalt 18 volt rechargeable batteries (the only thing in the bag that remotely might be considered a security risk)? I know what the odds are that I'll ever fly China Eastern Airlines again.