FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rio hotel location recommendation
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2018, 7:55 am
RafKa

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Esmjb

I couldn’t disagree more and am quite sure the majority of people in this subtopic/world would agree. I would advise against this hotel as strongly as I would advise against Barra.
I would refrain from making all-emcompassing statements like these... I, for one, live in Rio and often stay the weekend at the Sheraton (when I can find a decent BRG rate). No, you won't have anything at your doorstep, but the views are amazing, the grounds are lovely with 3/4 pools, tennis court, and direct beach access. If you're SPG/Marriott Platinum you'll get a room with amazing views, great breakfast and lounge access complete with free flowing bubbly/caipirinhas.

Sure, it might not be for everyone (and possibly not the OP, as a non-beach person), but there's definitely a subset of people (myself included) who find it do be a good property. Certainly between the JW Marriott and the Sheraton, I'd choose the latter (and I live in Copa).

If you want the best location in Rio, go for the Sofitel, Fasano or even the (ex-Best Western) Sol Ipanema.

Last edited by RafKa; May 3, 2018 at 8:44 am