FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA champions league final
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2018, 6:02 am
rockflyertalk

Programs: BAEC
I don’t know if the reality is a true reflection of the BA PR BUT BA have held back on giving passengers WiFi due to technology advancements since the intial inflight internet connectivity systems on US carriers, who many have had connectivity for some years, in which the service was incredibly slow. I’m talking early days of the internet slow, AOL dial-up if you may remember!

So the systems they have chosen for Long haul and SH are supposed to be cutting edge for inflight speed and bandwidth.

So IF your flight did have WiFi (slim chance) you maybe pleasantly surprised with the speed. As for the game, I can imagine that online servers will be overloaded globally for demand. So a VPN (ExpressVPN) and a decent streaming site maybe worth a try but get online way before kick off to ensure a good chance. Otherwise stick to a text based update service.

Or as others have suggested, if your upfront or upstairs (depending on the aircraft) kindly ask for an update from the cockpit/crew.

Just recently on a short haul my father was midflight whilst his team were playing and asked politely in CE for a score update . To his surprise (probably because CE was empty) the captain came out and said “Mr Rockflyertalk Spurs have just equalised” to which my dads response was ”can I get another glass of champagne then please?!

Welcome to FT. Goodluck on the 26th.