FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2018, 1:34 am
Wozza2404

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by TPloser
Many many yeara ago on a flight from Sao Paulo we were boarded on a late flight where the crew had got delayed in the traffic (known for its traffic queues but the passengers all made it). We all boarded about an hour late.Not sure it they said the arriving crew were covering (not sure if this was an internal Brazil sector crew or if only the pilots missing delaying flight). We were on the plane for at least an hour with no progress. No airconditioning but drinks a plenty being served in club. However with no air condiiioning the economy passengers were getting near a revolt after another hour where the crew were not getting to the airport as fast as they thought. In club I think they were concerned that they were getting us drunk because the champagne changed to water only after the 3rd or 4th round unless you specifically asked for it.
So yes I'd agree they need to be careful when boarding before you they are ready. Further delays can cause mayhem status or not.
Don't worry about that. If my last on-tarmac delay on BA is anything to go by then as soon as the couple pre-departure bottles runs out the crew will disappear and nothing else will be offered. You'll just be left to cook in the cabin. Still, at least now I know how one of their beef tenderloins feels.