FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Former SSRs: the Baltics, Belarus and Back
Old May 2, 2018, 9:23 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Bt332 tll-vno

Air Baltic
Economy Class
BT332: TLL-VNO (Tallinn to Vilnius)
27 April 2018
Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 (One Class Configuration)
YL-BAY
Seat 4C

Departure: 08:55AM
Arrival: 10:15AM

Got up bright and early to catch my flight to Vilnius. I made use of the number 4 tram to the airport, which was cheap and reliable. The tram stop was across the street from one of the entrances to the Old Town, so it was very convenient.

A well preserved example of Soviet architecture next to the tram stop.

Arriving at the airport

Some construction work being done on the arrivals and departures entrances. I believe TLL is doing additional expansion work as well.

The lounge was fairly basic. Not very crowded, but not a whole lot on offer in terms of food. There is a rooftop smoking terrace, so I went up there to grab a photo of the airport.

Grabbed a quick breakfast from a cafe in the terminal. The croissant was pretty good.

Then I did some window shopping. Elk sausage anyone?

Anyone fancy a game of chess?

The arrival of our plane was a momentous occasion. There she is in all her glory.

YL-BAY up close and personal

A building adjacent to the airport property appeared to be slightly on fire as we departed. Luckily the prevailing winds were blowing the smoke away from us, so it did not impact our departure.

Good seat pitch for this small plane. Once again, I scored an open seat next to me so I could stretch out a bit.

In the air once again. Did I mention that this was my first flight on a Q400? They are incredibly loud. The engine drone completely drowned out the captain's voice when he made announcements.

Touched down safely in VNO a short time later. The Vilnius airport terminal exterior is noticeably uglier than Tallinn. They also have precious few jet bridges, so most planes board from remote stands.

Overall, this was a pretty uneventful flight. Plane was decently comfortable and it was on-time. Not much more I can ask for. There was a drink/food service, but everything was a la carte, as one would expect from a LCC.