FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : 'Theoretical Seating' : Blocked seats and status
Old May 2, 2018, 8:58 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
BA 108 tomorrow booked WT+ the current load on EF shows
F4 A3 J6 C0 D0 R0 I0 W2 E1 T1 Y4 B0H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
The TS block vanishing close to departure is quite common on fuller flights, which yours look to be, in some cases you get away with it, since the last passengers may end up elsewhere. But my reading of this is (a) it is quite possible you will lose your empty seat (it's a prime one if the alternative is the middle seats) but there again DXB is a couples and family route so that makes it extra tricky (b) if you are a single traveller you're well placed to go further forward. I would guess about 4 or so WTP passengers will need to go to CW, and a similar number from there to First - this is assuming everyone turns up and DXB does get rather a lot of no-shows for some reason. If that guess is right WTP will end up full or nearly full.

In this case I would OLCI and get boarding pass at the first opportunity, there isn't a better seat in WTP. Cancel any special meal and see if the App More Flight Details does a seat change in the hours before departure.....