FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Gatwick Airport {GBR}
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2018, 8:20 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
Staying here tomorrow night ahead of an early BA flight from South terminal on Friday morning. How long does it reasonably take to get from the hotel to the BA check in desks at South terminal? We will have checked in online but have baggage and will need passports checked as it's TATL. Just trying to work out if we should go and check the bags in then return for breakfast or if it's just not worth the effort to do that.
About 10 minutes walk depending on where your room is - it's a big hotel. I'd allow 30 minutes from room to check-in to restaurant, shave off 5 minutes if you're in F.

If you wish, you can store your bags in the breakfast restaurant to avoid needing to go back to the room. (But the storage cupboard is by the front entrance and not very visible from the tables - though I don't worry about theft in the UK.)

I think it depends on the timings of your flight and whether you plan to wake up early or as late as possible. Part of the walk is somewhat exposed to the outside, so in December I prefer to get some food in me first and only go out in the cold and dark once; in May it will be bright at 0530 and less cold so I wouldn't mind doing that walk 3 times.