FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread
Old May 2, 2018, 5:58 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I've been researching RIX-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-RIX on ITA matrix to take advantage of some nice TK business class fares (also CAI-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-CAI) and ITA matrix shows availability but when I go to book them on TK or any of the major on-line TAs, I go through the entire booking process and when I actually go to buy I get a message saying that the fare class is not available and the price jumps over $1000. Why is this happening? This is a huge waste of my time - trying to book something that I think is available but actually isn't. Is there a way to avoid this? I've spent hours trying to come up with a bookable itinerary. Arghhhhh
Yeah, I had the same issue a couple of times...it will just not spit out the fare as found on ITA on any websites with the script. To me sounds like some phantom availability or delayed updated availability to the ITA? Would be nice if someone can explain why this is.

Cheers!