FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:39 pm
kennycrudup

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I never said such things, nor do I believe that MR people are going to ruin anything.
There has been an air of condescension wafting from the SPG forum's most active/most elite members into the MR forum since the merger was announced that's thick enough to be cut with a knife, and I don't think that's just my own opinion either.

As for this thread being necessary ... I therefore thought it would foster useful discussion and be helpful for those interested in what a positive Ambassador experience can be like.
I, personally saw a thinly-veiled "Look what great benefit you high-spending MRs* can now have, now that you're part of a far-better hotel program!", which again, just sounded of more SPG condescension to MR (elites). Maybe it's just me, but I sure see it.

* - and even as a price-shopping, property-hopping usually CY/FI guest, I HAD the spend- wouldn't have made PP w/o it- and unfortunately, have the Schedule-Cs to show for it