FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAA Airbus “321” A321 2-class pre-Oasis Best Main Cabin & MCE seat
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:49 pm
redtop43

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I pretty much always sit in row 22 or 23.

23 B/C/D/E are awful, ignore them.

23F is by far my favorite. Normal width, unlimited legroom, and underseat storage under 21F.

Second choice is 23A. Same seat but the jumpseat is in front of it, so there's no underseat storage. So it's fairly difficult to get personal items while in flight.

22 B/C/D/E - plenty of legroom, but they are definitely narrow. The tray tables are in the armrests so the sides of the seats are solid. And while I haven't measured (but I might next trip), it definitely looks like the edge of 22E is not quite as far from the aisle as 23E. In other words the total width of 22D/E is less than the total width of 23D/E. I was in 22C last week and it was definitely uncomfortable in the sense of being narrow.

They are close to the lavatory but I wear a sleep mask on redeyes so it doesn't bother me.

However, 23A/23F are not considered MCE. I think they are free to elites. Of course if you're Plat, they are free anyway, but if you're gold and have to pay 50% of the MCE price, this is a deal because you don't have to pay anything.

There are some similarities further front in the plane but I'm most familiar with rows 22 and 23; I've probably flown in them at least 20 times in the past 3 years. On a redeye, I think it's close between 23F and first class. You're not going to get much service or want to open your laptop in F anyway, so 23F has less width and more legroom than F.