FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DEN first class catering issues
View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:18 am
SFO 1K

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by ecoomer
Well, I have continued to get very mediocre catering results flying in F out of Denver. Last week, cheese plate.

But more interesting is my return flight, in F, from ORD-DEN had similar "reduced" catering. Meal options were described as "very small cheese plate, or a very small quesadilla- like 1/4 size"

It was actually a SE Asian "wrap" but was about a 1/3 of a wrap, not a whole one, and... nothing else. Anyone recently get this "meal" on a "lunch" catered F flight?

I would say some comments that the DEN catering issues are providing a testing ground for severely limiting catering everywhere *may* be true.

e
No, this wasn't related to DEN and "testing" anything. This is the new normal for snack flights which are incorrectly coded as Lunch on the flight status. They used to be coded correctly as Snack. And while we are all complaining about food cut backs, it seems that DL and AA are doing it too, and their FT boards are full of the same complaints.

I had the "wrap" you had ex-SFO on a mainline flight to DEN late last year. Last week the same flight had been slightly upgraded to a Southwest cold chicken bowl, or fruit and cheese plate. They rotate the options from hub to hub so it's not always the same selection month over month. Just happens this is ORD's time for the wrap.