FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:25 am
JohnSIN

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Chellyx
For those who have stayed here & asked your driver to stop at a 7-11 or similar, were you able to just make a general request that you wanted to stop in a store on the way, or did you give them a specific location of where to stop? Any recommendations on a transport company? It looks like the resort´s private transfers are quite a bit more than the other companies, is it worth it for convenience sake to just book with the hotel, or should I seek an outside company?

Also, with the speed boat transfers which are supposedly free/unlimited for plats - if we take the transfer for a day out, is there much to do around the area your dropped off, or would we also need to find transportation to an area with more activities?
1.there are many convenience stores on the way and pharmacies and it is no problem asking your driver to stop for 5 minutes. I normally just use the hotel transfer because it is so convenient. I would otherwise take a taxi.
if you intend to visit other places in Phuket, you can also consider renting a car (that’s what I do on most trips). There is ample car park at the marina and then you can just go anywhere you want.

2.to be honest, the Naka is wonderful but it is not a good starting point for exploring the rest of Phuket. There isn’t much at the marina and the surrounding villages are residential. Suggest you enjoy Naka island and stay there or choose a different hotel and explore what Phuket has to offer.