FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Insufferable passengers on Lyft Line/UberPool?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:37 am
cestmoi123

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by davie355
This might be a case of getting what I pay for. I called Lyft Line from the front door of a large building and when I got in the car, the other passenger started to berate me.

"We were sitting in traffic on the side of this building for a long time, and if you hadn't been staring at your phone you could have just gotten in there," she scowled.

"I see," I replied, before turning my cheek and ignoring her for the rest of the ride.

The sides of the building are a "no stopping" zone (red curb, in San Francisco). The front of the building, where I had requested my pickup, is a "passenger loading" (white curb) zone. Either way, if the driver wanted to stop illegally to pick me up around the corner, he could have called me on the phone I was staring at.

Anybody else have similar experiences?
I occasionally get someone who decides an UberPool is an appropriate place to hold a cellphone conversation. I start responding to what they're saying into the phone. That usually shuts them up pretty quickly.