FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:22 am
HPN-HRL

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by redmaple9
For those of us with the SPG BUSINESS card, how about changing to the Capital One Saark Cash 2%.? Isn’t that worth more than UR points CSR redeeming at 1.5 on the UR platform?
2% cash back is probably better than 1x spending on CSR; it may or may not be better than CFU (No AF; 1.5x on everything; CFU UR pts xfer to CSR). If you use UR pts for Hyatt you should be getting close to 2%/pt, so 3%/$ on all spend using CFU. I also use these for Southwest - my last redemption was just over 1.6 cents/pt cash value (so pts earned on CFU @1.5x yields 1.5x1.6 = 2.4 cents/$) but the key here for me is that Southwest flights booked with pts are fully refundable, so the value to me can be notably more than 2.4%.

I am now planning on splitting my non-bonus spend between CFU (when I want UR) and AMEX Blue Biz Plus (when I want AMEX MR. BBP earns 2x MR on all spend up to $50K; I also have AMEX Biz Plat, so buying alrline tix via AMEX Travel gets me a floor of 3%.