FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Fiji Golf Resort & Spa Master Thread [merged]
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:24 am
Lionheart

Originally Posted by xgeorge1
Thanks for the detailed post! I have an upcoming stay at this property, did you ever email property in advance to ask for an upgrade?
also, no access to club so I cannot use that nice infinity pool??

lastly, did you rent a car while in nadi?

thanks!!
No worries. That drink was not comped after all, it was still on my bill at checkout - the staff person got it removed but seemed surprised why they didn't give me a voucher on check-in instead ... I gave them a TripAdvisor review and their reply was to "reach out to me for further details" - nobody did! Do let us know if you get offered a drinks voucher or "We haven't received them from head office"

I never emailed in advance regarding club - they would almost certainly say you need to book a club room (your ambassador status may make a difference, I'm only Spire). However if you booked on points and would like a club room, definititely worth emailing in advance. They told me everybody who books points gets no upgrade (again I have no idea if any of this is truthful.)

The infinity pool is available for all, fortunately. There's a 3rd pool for Club only. The infinity pool is for 16+ years of age and so be aware if you have any teenage kids. The second pool (available to all, non infinity) is nice looking but shallow for any decent swim.
​​​
We didn't rent a car, taxi from Nadi international airport was 90FJD - plenty of taxis there from the domestic terminal. Confirm the price before driving off. The IC website quotes much higher prices for a private transfer, however they quoted us 120FJD for the journey back to the airport in a shuttle minibus (we were the only customers) - organised after we checked in. I'd recommend a taxi to the IC if you arrive in the middle of the day, and arrange a shuttle bus back for the extra 30FJD, for the peace of mind that they won't let you down. Some taxis will have Air Con (if you really want it, find a taxi with it).

If you do rent a car, taxis are pretty irrelevant. However taxis are pretty cheap if you look at the distances/prices involved. There's not much nearby the IC, so it's definitely worth seeing if club is worth it (cocktails are circa 25-30FJD each, happy hour isn't much cheaper at all).

Service to pool side is slowwwwww. Fiji time. But most people seem to have a great time (despite my overall negative experience) especially if you're not in a rush for a drink & happy to splurge out for the special time you're there.

Last edited by Lionheart; Apr 30, 2018 at 12:34 am