FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AEP private lounge
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:01 pm
Marambio

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Check the price; 50-100 Argentinian peso for a lounge visit, especially a "VIP" lounge, isn't realistic. Could these be prices quoted in USA dollars?

AEP has nothing and would be a miserable place to spend a day. It's sole advantages are location (close to part of the city) and fairly quick walk from aircraft to bag claim to curb.

Use the day to explore a bit of Buenos Aires.
According to they own website, the price is correct. 50 USD for a single entry, 100 USD for the "preferential pass" which includes a dedicated customs/immigration counter for international flights.

I have heard they moved the AEP lounge to a new location, but I still haven't tried it. The old lounge was pretty reasonable -- comfortable armchairs, newspapers, and some decent food and drink offerings (Nespresso coffee, Freddo ice cream, etc). Since I usually fly in the mornings I never check the booze. It used to be quite crowded, but apparently the new lounge is much bigger.

I do, however, agree with MSPeconomist -- the best part of AEP is its location. I would use the day to walk around Buenos Aires. If you use the Tienda León coach to get from EZE to the city centre and afterwards to AEP, they have a luggage storage facility at their offices. Otherwise, AA2000 (the airport operator) used to store luggage at AEP -- this worked by reaching the information desk, filling a form and they would take your bags for 12 hours max. I don't know if this is still the case.