FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let’s talk about alternatives to the SPG Amex after the massive Marriott devaluation
Old Apr 29, 2018, 5:44 pm
fuigo

I am based in Taiwan with several US-issued credit cards. I have been wondering what to do when the August 1st comes around.

Currently, I have the AMEX SPG Biz version and use it for any non-bonus spend when I'm traveling internationally. I use my Citi Prestige for bonus spend. Citi's transfer partners are very useful for people living in Asia: BR, CX, SQ, etc. I've gotten quite a few good trips with this combination of card usage. As of now, I am inclined to use Citi Prestige for future non-bonus spend, due to the 1:1 transfer ratio when I travel internationally. It's a step back from pre-August-1st 1.25:1 ratio with the AMEX SPG Biz card, but at least it's better than the post-August-1st 0.825:1 (assuming the transfer bonus stays). I will keep the AMEX SPG Biz card for my hotel stays and the new one night free certificate. I will probably be using my AMEX Blue Biz+ for my non-bonus spend domestically (in the US).

Last edited by fuigo; Apr 29, 2018 at 5:49 pm Reason: Adding information