FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Car seat on plane- arm rest up? Recs?
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:56 am
alf0906

Car seat on plane- arm rest up? Recs?

In general, when people install car seats on planes, is it with the armrest up? I am trying to find a good travel car seat for my kid on a long-haul international flight and am surprised to see some of the car seats recommended on various websites and in threads here given their width. We are traveling British Airways World Traveller Plus, which has fixed arm rests, and the seat width is 18.5". I am guessing most people install the larger seats I have seen mentioned (like Britax, which is what we use at home) with the arm rest up.

If anyone has any recommendations, it would be great. My daughter just turned three and is 39" and 33lbs. Ideally, looking for something with automatic lock-offs since we will be in Europe, and I don't want to deal with installing an external lock-off at 10pm after 16 hours of travel. She seems too big for the Combi Corroco, and the Cosco seat looks rather uncomfortable for an 11 hour flight. Clek Fllo looks like our best bet, but if anyone recommends a less expensive option, it would be great.

We are definitely going to bring a car seat since we will need a car seat on the other end, BA says the CARES harness won't work on the WT Plus seat and I don't trust checking a car seat.

Thanks!