FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "I m flying TK XX, route xxx-xxx, which aircraft, which seat is used?" Master Thread
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:23 am
jlisi984

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I'm seeing various A321 seatmaps on ExpertFlyer that seem to blend the options above, ie they have five rows of J but use the AB EF seat naming convention. Looking on planespotters.net list of TK's A321 configs it seems that there are both 16 seat and 20 seat dedicated J cabins, so is it fair to assume that the 'AB EF' naming convention is the best way to figure out whether it's Eurobusiness or 2+2?

I'm deciding whether to redeem miles on LIS-IST or OPO-IST in J. I'm fairly flexible about which location we fly out of so for a 4.5hr flight, getting a better shot at 2+2 seating would make all the difference. It's at least nice to see that according to planespotters.net only 12 of TK's 68 A321s still have the old Eurobusiness...
Can't be too helpful as TK changes a/c configs faster than we can keep up here on FT, but one thing for sure is that aircraft swaps - both ways - are extremely common. I've been extremely lucky, knock on wood, with every J flight on TK in proper J, even those that weren't supposed to be. But others have had foul luck... Fly from whichever is more convenient and has AB EF, but don't count on it sticking.