FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:04 pm
bisonrav

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by catharsis
A challenge.

Thinking of an absolutely unnecessary trip to HKG in order to jump on the inaugural CX flight HKG-Dub on 2 June.

I would need to be in HKG by about 11PM on the night of Fri 1st june (or earlier if I really want to enjoy the Pier and Wing properly :-) )

SO - can anyone suggest a good value TP run which would leave me able to have an OJ or stopover in HKG starting 1 June, returning I guess sometime June or July from pretty much anywhere in Asia including HKG (so OJ's would be fine)

I'd also consider something like a TP run to other Asian cities and a (presumably MH or CX) mileage run to HKG as long as I end up in HKG on 1 Jun, I earn lots of TPS and I have a flight home at the end.

Since the sole purpose of this run is TPs I'll pretty much try anything, I originate in DUB but am reasonably happy to position as required.

any suggestions ? (apart from medication and or psychiatrist!!)
There are some Muscat to HKG (or PVG) 1 stop flights on Sri Lankan for about a grand, but the dates don't quite line up. I guess an alternative would be positioning to somewhere like KUL and then using the TPE fare and Cathay Pacific to HKG. Plenty of cheap TPs available in Malaysia too.