FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Vendome Paris [Master Thread]
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:43 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Yes, fully aware of that. prestige rooms are roughly the same size as regular guest rooms at CE. I thought I'd stay here to checkout the difference between properties.

Between your and Ohmark's comments, and since CE is going to 60K points on August 1, decided to use my cat 9 cert for CE instead.

By cancelling my Vendome reservation I save $650 USD upgrade fee to the prestige room which is the same size as the regular room at CE. Plus there are only petite rooms left for my stay dates at Vendome so definitely no upgrade, whereas there are numerous larger room types and junior suites available at CE for potential upgrade. I've usually have received some sort of upgrade at CE, although never to a suite or junior suite.

I actually like CE location as you step out right into the hubbub. It's touristy, but that's OK because for all intents and purposes I'm a tourist.

Next year I'll stay at someplace new since CE will be over priced IMO.
What a waste of points. The Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel isn't even that nice of a hotel. It's just a slightly nicer version of a vanilla Marriott. And getting an upgrade to a suite there is going to be very, very difficult.