FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Checkin and Baggage Question
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:23 pm
MCO Flyer

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Jon_R
Taking a family trip in a few weeks mco to slc. Wife and I are on FC tickets and 5 others in coach. I am Gold Medalion and also have Delta reserve amex. We are on seperate iteneraries because I have never figured out how to buy tickets in different cabins in one purchase. We are all on the same flight.

Can we all checkin as one party in Sky Priority lane?

Can my family take advantage of free checked bags given my status and /or the Amex card?

if they should not check in sky priority do I need to go with them so they can check bags free? If so do I just tell the desk agent they are with me? Not sure what that would do since desk agent response would be who are you....

I know there is a way to link inteneraries but I don’t know if that does anything in this regard. If linked are you on the same intenerary which is what the baggage fee waiver language seems to require.

Trying to avoid confusion as 5 of the 7 seldom fly and save them bag fees. It is a 15 day trip to somewhere cold (Yellowstone) so carry ons only would be tough.
Yes you all can use the SP lane. The agent should waive the bag fees for your companies with the standard GM Y baggage allowance (2 bags each at 70lbs)